Your doctor has a duty of care to keep you safe. That includes offering vaccinations, but it also includes preventing and treating dangerous vaccine injuries. If you suffered adverse effects from a vaccine, the personal injury attorneys at Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys, Southfield can stand up for you.
Vaccines are designed to protect us against illness. And most of the time, they do just that.
But sometimes, people have bad reactions to a vaccine. This can result from a defective batch of the vaccine, a poor immune response, receiving a vaccine that was unsafe to give based on medical history, or several other factors.
Common vaccines include:
- Flu vaccine
- Varicella vaccine (a.k.a. chickenpox)
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccine
- Mumps, Measles, and Rubella (MMR) vaccine
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Tetanus vaccine
These vaccines are designed to heal and prevent illness. But there are cases where people have dangerous reactions to a vaccine. If you suffered symptoms of a vaccine injury that could have been avoided, you need someone to protect your rights and help you prepare for future medical consequences.
Did you suffer any of the following injuries as a result of getting vaccinated?
- Anaphylaxis, or severe allergic reaction to the vaccine or vaccine components
- Shoulder injury at the administration site
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome, an autoimmune disorder causing nerve damage, paralysis, and muscle weakness
- Encephalitis, an inflammation of brain tissue causing headache, fever, and fatigue, though untreated cases can result in extreme symptoms such as personality changes or seizures
- Myelitis, an inflammation of the spinal cord causing nerve damage, blurred vision, depression, and paralysis
If you or a loved one are suffering as a result of vaccination, or suffered minor side effects (headache, fatigue, muscle weakness, etc.) that your doctor did not appropriately treat, let the attorneys at Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys help you file a vaccine injury claim.
Our attorneys are experienced with The Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) and have helped families just like yours since 1984. We firmly believe that every client deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, and we advocate for you to ensure that your doctors and insurance company treat you with the care you need.