Is your baby suffering from a birth injury that could have been prevented? The birth injury attorneys at Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys, Southfield can help fight for your child’s rights—they have already won millions for victims of medical malpractice.
No parent wants to imagine their newborn suffering from one of the most devastating consequences of birth injury, but that’s a tragic reality for the parents of infants with Erb’s Palsy.
Erb’s Palsy is one of the most common forms of brachial plexus injuries, resulting from damage to a network of nerves (brachial nerves) which send signals from the spinal cord to the arm, shoulder, and hand. This is typically the result of excess pressure placed on the baby’s neck, shoulder, and arm due to poor management of the mother’s birth and delivery process.
Erb’s Palsy can result from:
- The use of extraction tools during delivery
- Shoulder dystocia (the head is delivered but both shoulders are stuck)
- Pressure on a baby’s raised arms during a feet-first delivery
- Excessive maternal weight gain
- Large infant size
- Prolonged or unusually difficult second stage of birth
- Vaginal birth when a C-section should have been performed
- Complications due to gestational diabetes that were not properly diagnosed or addressed
If your baby is facing permanent disability due to surgical negligence or mismanagement of the birthing process, you need an attorney that will handle your negligence lawsuit with care. Talk to Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys’s experienced birth injury attorneys today. We are proud to help parents all over the country find their way through the legal system to alleviate the financial and emotional hardships their infants face.