You don’t think much of turning on the gas, so it’s easy to think of a gas explosion as a random, tragic accident. But that’s not always the case. When one small mistake results in a major disaster, the personal injury attorneys at Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys, Southfield are dedicated to getting you the help you need.
A gas explosion occurs when a gas leak combines with an ignition source in some form. Since gas is highly flammable, this results in sudden combustion which can seriously harm anything or anyone too close to the blast.
Unfortunately, this can happen with any of the gases we use every day, such as propane, butane, or natural gas.
Common causes of gas explosions include:
- Appliance explosions (such as a water heater, gas lights, oven, generator, or similar appliances)
- Worn-out gas lines running from the street to your home
- Violations of codes and standards governing safe propane handling
- Faulty manufacturing procedures in creating gas tanks for cars
- Rust or liquids in your pipes
- Propane leaks
- Inadequate odorant saturation
- Human error
At Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys, we also know that gas explosions pose unique challenges, as multiple parties may be at fault, from construction workers to manufacturers to building managers. That’s why such cases need to be handled with great care and attention to trace fault to those responsible.
Did you or a loved one suffer any of the following due to a gas explosion?
- First, second, or third-degree burns
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Shrapnel injuries
- Hearing or vision loss
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Wrongful death
Gas explosion cases are complex, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be won. The personal injury attorneys at Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys have won millions for families since 1984, handling over 120 trials in federal and state circuit courts in Michigan and across the country.