The attorneys at Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys, Southfield are proud to treat our clients the way we would treat our own families, so we know that when you make the decision to put a loved one in a nursing home, you don’t take that decision lightly. When your loved one suffers nursing home abuse, you need skilled, dedicated medical malpractice attorneys that will treat your family with dignity and respect.
In many ways, our elderly loved ones are the most vulnerable of all.
They may not have the physical strength to stand up to physical or verbal abuse, and loved ones may mistake signs of abuse for symptoms of dementia. And if they aren’t aware of what’s going on around them, they may not notice a caregiver taking advantage of them financially.
Has your loved one shown or dealt with any combination of the following?
- Unsanitary living conditions
- Unexplained injuries, such as a broken bone, bruising, or signs of restraint
- Torn or bloody clothing, or clothes unsuitable for the weather
- Incorrect medication, or improper administration of medication
- A caregiver who refuses to leave the elderly person alone with their loved ones
- Inexplicable weight loss or gain
- Inexplicable or frequent illnesses
- Apparent fear of the staff or anxiety around the staff/facility
If a loved one is suffering abuse, the tragic reality is that they may not tell you, because they fear repercussions from the staff.
If you notice the signs of nursing home abuse, don’t wait. Let the attorneys at Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys guide you through the process of collecting evidence of abuse and keeping your loved one safe from future harm while you prepare to take action against the facility or caregiver.
We’ve won millions for families all over the country, and we always take the time to thoroughly understand the details of the case in order to make recommendations in your best interest.