Giroux Trial Attorneys, P.C.

Medical Provider Representation

Call Our Experienced Team of Attorneys to Ensure Your Practice Recovers From the Auto Insurance Carriers

As a medical professional, your main focus is the health and care of your patients. It takes extra time to deal with auto insurance carriers who do not want to compensate you for the medical services you render to a car crash victim.

If you are a hospital, physician, or other medical facility who has provided medical services to a patient after a motor vehicle accident, you know how difficult it is to get the auto insurance companies to pay for the medical services rendered. Oftentimes, No-Fault auto insurers either fail to pay completely or only pay you for small portions of the medical services. They second guess your treatment choices and delay paying as long as possible. In many cases, medical providers have no other choice but to file a lawsuit to recover payment on their bills.

The Michigan No-Fault Act provides medical service providers the right to collect payment from the auto insurance companies. As a medical provider, you can file a lawsuit directly against the No-Fault insurer if the payments are unreasonably delayed or denied.

Schedule a Free Consultation With An Experienced PIP Attorney Today

Medical providers are in the business of caring for their patient’s health, not in the business of investigating insurance policies. That is where Giroux Trial Attorneys can help. Our Michigan PIP lawyers understand the policies and tactics auto insurance providers use to deny or reduce PIP benefits. Let us evaluate your claim and determine all of your available legal options immediately. The team at Giroux Trial Attorneys specialize in representing medical providers who need assistance in recovering from auto insurance companies when bills are not paid. We will work to identify the best route to recovering payments and will always seek to obtain the maximum reimbursement for your medical bills.

Q: What are my civil rights?

Generally speaking, your civil rights are those enumerated under the US Constitution and legislative acts. Civil rights are typically those considered to be related to an individual’s political and social freedom and equality.  These rights range from your right to free speech to your right to an attorney.

Q: What rights do I have if I’ve been arrested?

The most important rights to consider if you’ve been arrested or picked up by police are the right to an attorney, the right to avoid self-incrimination, and the right not to be unlawfully detained. You can always refuse to answer questions and request an attorney. If you have not been formally placed under arrest, you have the right to leave police custody. If you’ve been placed under arrest, the police have a certain amount of time they can hold you without formally filing charges. Even after you have been formally charged, you have the right to request a non-punitive bail, which can be granted or denied at the judge’s discretion.

Q: What is the statute of limitations for a civil rights claim?

Depending on the claims alleged, civil rights violations have varying statutes of limitations under state law. Federal courts typically apply the laws of the forum state in assessing the applicable statute of limitations. If you believe your rights have been violated, you should speak to a lawyer immediately.

Q: What are common types of civil rights claims?

Technically, a civil rights claim can be any act that in some way has infringed upon an individual’s autonomy.  The most common types of civil rights claims involve abuse by government actors, such as police brutality or misconduct, or agencies, wrongful termination, and employment discrimination.

Q: I believe my rights have been violated by the government or one of its officers. Do I have a claim?

Government actors and officers are protected by governmental and qualified immunity that bars claims. However, if it can be proven that the government or its officer acted with gross indifference or acted in a way that serves as an exception to their governmental immunity, you can pursue a claim.

Q: What is a 1983 complaint?

The most common type of civil rights claim is a federal 1983 claim. 1983 claims are those raised under 42 USC 1983, which governs the actions of governmental agents, like police officers. 1983 claims are often asserted when an individual has been assaulted by a police officer, a government funded institution commits a tort, or an individual suffers an injury or death while incarcerated.

Q: Can I file a civil rights claim on behalf of a family member or friend?

You can only file a civil rights claim on behalf of someone other than yourself if one of the following exceptions applies: wrongful death cases, an incapacitated plaintiff, a minor plaintiff, or a class action case.

Q: What is the difference between a civil and a criminal violation of civil rights?

A criminal civil rights violation involves the use or threat of force. A civil violation of civil rights involves no violence, only discriminatory behavior. Criminal violations carry incarceration penalties, while civil violations carry monetary penalties.

Recent Posts

Boating Accidents: Alcohol is Still a Leading Cause

It’s a beautiful day to be on the water. The sun is shining and the kids are having a...

Read More

What are the Rules for Trampoline Owners (and Users) in Michigan?

As summer sets in, people are spending more time outside enjoying the nice weather. Both adults and children are...

Read More

7 Legal Requirements of Public Swimming Pool Owners

Every year more than 3,500 people die from drowning.  It is the fifth most common cause of accidental death. ...

Read More

Visit Our Blog

Free Consultation

For a free, quick, and confidential case review, submit your information below.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.