- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- State Bar of Michigan
- Fellow of the Michigan State Bar Foundation
- Federal Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association Eastern District, Michigan Chapter
- Michigan Association for Justice, AMICUS Committee
- Oakland County Bar Association
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, B.A., 1994
Law School Attended:
- Wayne State University Law School, JD, Cum Laude, 1999
- U.S. News Best Lawyers- Appellate Practice
- Top Lawyers – Appellate Practice – Dbusiness Magazine
Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys’ appellate practice is led by Matthew Klakulak.
Klakulak joined the firm following five years handling appeals for the Fieger Law Firm, a large plaintiff personal injury law firm.
Mr. Klakulak has handled nearly 100 appeals to the Michigan Court of Appeals, Michigan Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and other appellate courts. He has over 24 years of litigation experience focusing on briefing and arguing dispositive motions in both state and federal trial courts. These cases provided the opportunity to represent individuals who have been wronged and have suffered horrendous personal injury and loss and to take on government, insurance companies, large corporations or other wealthy and powerful persons or entities on behalf of everyday people who would otherwise have little recourse.
Many of his cases have involved extremely complex, research-intensive issues and multi-million dollar injuries and jury verdicts. Issues addressed involved personal injury, governmental immunity, medical malpractice, insurance coverage, vicarious liability, employment law, criminal defense, and many others.
In 2012, Matt was named a Fellow to the Michigan State Bar Foundation. The Foundation extends fellowship to lawyers who demonstrate “outstanding legal ability and devotion to community.” Membership is available only upon nomination by a present Fellow, and subsequent review and favorable consideration by the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. Fellow membership is very limited and may not exceed five percent of the total active membership of the State Bar of Michigan.
Matt clerked for Justice Marilyn Kelly of the Michigan Supreme Court.
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1994)
- Wayne State University Law School (Juris Doctor, 1999, cum laude)
- Member of Law Review, 1997-1999