Medical negligence, or medical malpractice, occurs when a health care professional’s errors cause a patient’s injury or death. The medical negligence attorneys at Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys have experience with a wide variety of medical negligence cases, and we are prepared to fight for you.
Medical negligence can take place in any stage of health care, from initial diagnosis to recovery and rehabilitation. Here are some red flags that could signal malpractice:
• Failure to provide a correct diagnosis
• Diagnosing a condition without the proper testing
• Incorrect medication or dosage
• Injuries to an infant during childbirth
• A condition that stays the same or worsens, despite following the treatment plan
• Lack of informed consent before surgery or errors during surgery
If you believe that you or a loved one has been affected by medical negligence, there are some general requirements that must be met to claim that malpractice did occur. Our medical negligence lawyers will analyze your case to determine if you should file a lawsuit. Below are 3 general requirements for filing a malpractice lawsuit.
• There must have been an established relationship between the doctor and the patient. The patient must have agreed to be treated by the doctor, and the doctor must have seen and agreed to treat the patient.
• You must show that your doctor’s actions deviated from the standard of care (the accepted treatments that a physician would have provided in comparable circumstances).
• The doctor’s errors were responsible for the patient’s injury, death or other damages such as unnecessary pain and expenses and lost income.
Here at Giroux Pappas Trial Attorneys, we are committed to working for justice and getting you the compensation you deserve. We understand the complexities of medical records and laws. To discuss your case with qualified medical negligence attorneys, call us at 248-531-8665 or submit our online contact form.
For a free, quick, and confidential case review, submit your information below.
"*" indicates required fields